As a community farm with an educational mission, we invite schools and groups to get their hands dirty and experience the farm up close. All school programs are designed to help teachers meet Santa Barbara School District’s Wellness Policy and align to state science standards. We incorporate experiential learning opportunities like digging up a carrot and tasting its sweetness or studying the strawberry with all five senses. Students investigate soil, complete farm chores and even collect warm eggs.
Tours are offered Thursday mornings from 9:30-11am.
2018-2019 school year tour dates now available! Register your class for an enriching field trip today!
- We offer school tours at a discounted price of $75 for 90 min around the farm.
- Each tour is designed for one class of 35 or less students.
- To schedule a tour for more that 35 students, or more than one class, please fill out a second request form.
- Our fee for all school tours is $75 per class. If you are arranging a tour for multiple classes to come to the farm, the rate of $75 per class still applies. Our preferred method of payment is a check, but you may also bring a credit card or cash to pay at the Farmstand.
- Please bring payment with you the day of your tour.
- Classroom scholarships are sometimes available depending on outside funding sources.
For questions regarding our school tours, please contact our Education Team
“The tour and talk you gave were stupendous… Seeing your farm made students realize that they personally could participate in making social change in agriculture in their own communities.”
— Heather Williams, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Pomona College